We have a fantastic junior coaching programme at Cleeve Hill which is all run by our home grown team of coaches. The team provide coaching for children of all ages and abilities, allowing our young tennis players to progress their skills during energetic, fun sessions.
Please see below for all of our courses currently available. Make sure you read the Junior Membership section too as this will save you some money on coaching costs! Any questions at all please don't hesistate to contact us via the Contact Page.
Our junior membership allows our future tennis stars under the age of 16 to be a member of the club, which provides the following benefits:
- Discounted coaching prices
- Access to court bookings so they can play whenever they want
- Cleeve Hill Tennis Club T-shirt
- A number of LTA events, such as tournaments and fun days run accross the year
The cost of junior membership is currently prices at £30 (which can also be paid over 3 months in£10 instalments). This runs annually from September to August.
To sign up for junior membership please head over to out Membership Page.
For families with multiple children under the age of 16 who would like to sign up for junior membership we offer a discount to £20 per child. In order to take advantage of this please send us a message via our Contact Page and we can send across an invite.Also for any further questions on junior membership or any other aspect of the club please send us a message via our Contact Page or come down an see us at the club.
Cleeve Hill's junior coaching programme is designed for children of all ages and abilities to progress their tennis skills during energetic, fun sessions.
Our fully qualified and accredited junior coaching team consists of (left to right):
- Sam Woolley - Coach
- Joe McDonnell Stickells - Assistant Coach
- Dom Honey - Coach
- Tom Bressington - Assistant Coach
- Neil Humphrey - Junior Secretary
- Rich Gleed - Coach
Groups and Schedule
As a team we offer group sessions on Saturdays across the morning from 9am to 1pm with each 1 hour session progressing in ability and age. The groups are structured roughly as follows:
Please note that the ages are a guideline and we will always try to place your child in the group that will give them the best sessions and more importantly the most fun. Any doubts about which group then please speak to us.
- 9am - LTA Youth Blue - Aimed at Children aged 4-6 as a fun introduction to tennis.
- 9am - LTA Youth Red- Aimed at children aged 6-8 looking to get involved with tennis. Lessons are based on LTA Red Stage with a focus is on improving balance, agility and co-ordination through basic tennis skills.
- 10am LTA Youth Orange - Aimed at children aged 8-9 either looking to get involved with tennis or further develop existing skills. Lessons are based on LTA Orange Stage with a focus is on improving tennis skills through fun drills and games.
- 11am LTA Youth Green - Aimed at children aged 9-10 looking to further develop tennis skills. Lessons are based on LTA Green Stage with a focus is on improving match play tennis through fun drills and games.
- 12pm LTA Youth Yellow - Aimed at children aged 10+ looking to further develop tennis skills. Lessons are based on LTA Yellow Stage with a focus is on developing match play ability to a club level and beyond.
Sign ups are available at the bottom of this page. We are always happy for new juniors to attend a session as a trial before deciding to sign-up, please contact us via the Contact Page .
Amongst our coaching sessions we hold an annual junior singles tournament, which is always well attended by both the players their families cheering them on, an great celebration of how much everyone has improved over the year.
Week Day Coaching
We are currently undergoing a change in our coaching setup and hope to be able to offer weekday sessions later in the year. Please check back or ask us to contact you when these are available.