Cleeve Hill's junior coaching programme is designed for children of all ages and abilities to progress their tennis skills during energetic, fun sessions.
Our fully qualified and accredited junior coaching team consists of:
- Neil Humphrey - Junior Secretary
- Rich Gleed - Coach (Middle)
- Luke Bryant - Coach (Right)
- Sam Woolley - Coach (Left)
Groups and Schedule
As a team we offer group sessions on Saturdays across the morning from 9am to 1pm with each 1 hour session progressing in ability and age. The groups are structured roughly as follows:
- 9am Group - Aimed at children aged 5-7 looking to get involved with tennis. Lessons are based on LTA Red Stage with a focus is on improving balance, agility and co-ordination through basic tennis skills.
- 10am Group - Aimed at children aged 7-9 either looking to get involved with tennis or further develop existing skills. Lessons are based on LTA Orange Stage with a focus is on improving tennis skills through fun drills and games.
- 11am Group - Aimed at children aged 10-12 looking to further develop tennis skills. Lessons are based on LTA Green Stage with a focus is on improving match play tennis through fun drills and games.
- 12pm Group - Aimed at children aged 11-16 looking to further develop tennis skills. Lessons are based on LTA Yellow Stage with a focus is on developing match play ability to a club level and beyond.
Any child attending junior coaching automatically becomes a member of the Cleeve Hill Tennis Club Juniors. This gives them access to the courts outside of coaching hours for those who want a little extra practice.
Amongst our summer coaching sessions we hold an annual junior singles tournament, which is always well attended by both the players their families cheering them on, an great celebration of how much everyone has improved over the year.
Anyone interested in joining is more than welcome to come along and try a couple of sessions free of charge, just get in touch with us via the Contact Page so we know to expect you. We have plenty of rackets available to borrow, so no needs to worry about equipment when just starting out on your tennis journey.
The schedule of our current and next session blocks can be found below, along with the costs and links to sign up. We look forward to welcoming you to the club and seeing you on the court soon.
For any concerns about which group is suitable for your child please get in touch via the Contact Page or via email at email@example.com